Sunday 21 February 2010

New car for my 21st birthday

I've realised that my 21st birthday is approaching with alarming speed. With my driving lessons going very well I hope to pass my test in the next 2 months. The parents have agreed to get me a car for my 21st - which is great. Ill be able to get to placements etc and wont have to pay too much to get my own run around. Ill go in and pay half or a third of the cost. Unfortunately I wont be able to have it with me in central London. Now Ill compile a list of my dream cars.
  • Volvo 240 - apparently the handling and steering are heavy and clumsy. I would probably need a pile of cushions to be able to see out of the windscreen. But as a positive its cheap to buy and cheap to insure. Plus my dad had this

  • Old style Volskwagen Beetle - cheap, easily insurable but doubtful on handling and ride quality. More achievable than a volvo.

  • Vauxhall Corsa - The most likely of all my choices. Im currently learning to drive in it and its quite nice. Vic had this when he first passed.
  • Koenigsegg - well its nice to dream. Probably an insurers nightmare what with me being a first time owner and under 25. Plus my dad will say no - after his heart attack.


Hmm I know what my parents are going to say or more specifically what my dad will say "ehh kati, they were all out of cars at the salesroom. But your uncle has this very old rover with bullet hole accessories - Im sure you'll like it very much and think of the insurance".

No comments:

Post a Comment