Sunday 14 February 2010

Valentines day

Today we went to a Swedish restaurant in Bethnal Green for lunch. It was amazing, really cosy (actually extremely tiny) with nice service by mini Swedish waitresses and nice food. We both had gravadlax with a dill/ mustard sauce to start followed by reindeer sausage. It was great. A highlight included Martin breaking a wine glass. ^^

On the way home Martin revealed his hidden romantic side; after about 3 years of a relationship we are way past the fuzzy, pink hearts and flowers stage. He bought me my favourite chocolate riche truffles and suprised me by purchasing 2 bags as opposed to 1. Which was completely unexpected. He also bought flowers which is another strange alien experience. We called into Kings Cross as I wanted to buy photo frames and he suggested going to the very expensive flower shop there. This was a place where bouquets cost around £30 and can reach the £80 mark. I almost died of embarassment when he asked "I have £3. What can I get for £3?" My face was bright red. But the result were 3 beautiful dark red gerber daisies. He said he got the idea to do that from Breakfast at Tiffanys. I should make him watch more girly films for inspiration.

I had to carry them home. And we got aaaawed in the street by an older couple. I think the flowers must have looked quite sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment