Sunday 3 January 2010

Kiran will be learning Swedish as of 19th January ^^


In order to a) assimilate better, b) Take a new challenge, c) Learn my 6th language and d) perhaps most importantly annoy Martin I have signed up to language classes in Victoria, London. Im really loking forward to a new challenge.

Course Content
for Module 1 (10 x 2 hours)
Topics: Greetings, personal introduction, numbers, countries, languages, nationalities, weather, telling the time, daily routines, weekdays
Functions: Introducing oneself and others, giving and asking for information, talking about the weather, talking about your daily routine
Grammar: The alphabet, indefinite and definite articles, word order, personal pronouns, verbs in the present tense, prepositions of time, sentences with negations, translating "it", pronunciation and stress.


After 2 more modules of beginner I can move to intermediate and advanced of CEFR


Plus its pretty useful and quite cool to be able to speak Swedish.
Im a big advocate for making my own changes and in the past year I suffered through not allowing myself to do what I really wanted to. I think it will benefit me not to be constantly surrounded by vets and to take things i want to do further. The only other course apart from this I want to enrol for is the rock climbing course in Swiss Cottage. Yaaaay, an exciting, independent year ahead I think.

1 comment:

  1. "talking about the weather" - so awesome, typically swedish when you have nothing else to say.. :-)

    I didn't know you speak five languages already, that's impressive!!

    ReplyDelete