Sunday 6 December 2009

My Christmas plans

As many may already know Im headed for a snowier place this Christmas this year, but before I go Ill spend a few days with the family and then Martin and I will have a mini english Christmas which I will plan and cook for. I intend to make this as much like my own family Chrimbo as possible but with a few twists. This will take place on the 18th/ 19th December prior to the trip abroad. Ive already put up my idea for intended festive decor on the blog. But we're also going to have crackers and lots of food. For the past 2 years ive taken care of the family dinner but for our christmas we're going to have something a bit different - some sort of Scando-Indo-English crossover. Im even feeling generous enough to make canapes. This is served on christmas eve.

Canapes - Scandinavian smoked salmon and cream cheese blinis, baked pears with cheese, cheese fondue
Starter - creamy mushroom soup with tarrogen
Main - Roast duck, roast potatoes and honey parsnips with thyme carrots, sprouts with pancetta, pigs in blankets and gravy
Dessert - Yule log and cream
Post dessert - indian sweets

As this is a meal consumed over almost a whole day from about midday till 10 at night, it honestly isnt as much as it seems. I promise Martin, I wont make you get fat. We can also watch films all day (old films like Breakfast at Tiffanys and Its a wonderful life), watch the Queens speech and Christmas top of the pops.
Included in this day of non stop eating and lazying about are mulled wine and boxes of quality streets and toffee.
On Christmas eve I tend to go out and party with Nav so we can go out to Leicester Square and have a small club night.

Day after, ice skating maybe? :)
I look forward to this provided I get some help with the cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment