Tuesday 24 November 2009

Food shopping

Ive just returned from a Sainsburys restocking mission and managed to buy plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit along with enough main meals, lunches and breakfasts for the whole week. For just under £25. Im proud and I think Ive done well. But considering ive been doing this for about 8 years (3 of those at uni). Most of the things Ive bought were from the basics range. You can get amazing things like brie cheese, cranberries, cream cheese, smoked salmon, chocolate tea cakes for brilliant prices. I love the idea that you can buy 'luxury' items and there isnt any difference between those and the expensive products. Even though Im a poor student I wont sacrifice food. Even my grandma has said she'll send me money if Im ever short on food.

Anyway with my lovely finds today I plan to make the following over the week:
  • Sweet pepper and pancetta pizza
  • Cherry tomato tarte tatin with sauteed potatoes and spinach
  • Roasted vegetable canneloni with cheese and spinach sauce
  • Lasagne
Certain luxuries I cant do without
  • Triple chocolate ice cream
  • Lindt chilli chocolate
  • Girly magazines
  • (German white wine- when I can afford it)
  • Cookies
I like to plan what Im going to cook at the begining of the week so I can plan what to buy and fit my food to budget. I usually food shop early in the week on a Tuesday or Wednesday when I get an afternoon off. Then I buy enough to last the week. When I have someone strong enough to bully then I stock up on tinned goods and heavy items like potatoes and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment